FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 16, 2020
Melissa Sublett, Oklahoma Disability Law Center
OTHER HELPFUL NUMBERS:
Applying for our legal services or clients who have open cases: 1-800-880-5575
ODLC Continues Providing Services During COVID-19 Outbreak
Offices Closed to the Public, Temporary Operational Procedures in Place
Tulsa—Oklahoma Disability Law Center, Inc., the federally designated protection and advocacy agency for people with disabilities in Oklahoma, is committed to the health and safety of our staff, their families, the people we serve and our communities.
Because of the recent COVID-19 pandemic, and in an effort to prevent community spread, we are taking the following precautions until at least April 16, 2020, or longer if needed. These safeguards are in place not only to protect our staff and clients, but also the communities where we live and especially populations that are more vulnerable to the virus.
Please know we are equally committed during this time to continuing our services to protect and advocate for people with disabilities.
Starting March 16, 2020, and continuing until at least April 16, 2020, or longer if required:
- We have asked our staff to work from home. Our Information Technology Team is providing support and resources to allow our staff to continue to do their work and offer services to our clients and the community with as little interruption as possible. You can still contact our main line and individual staff through email addresses or phone numbers previously provided.
- Our offices throughout the state will be closed to the public. Locations include our both our Tulsa and Oklahoma City offices.
- Our intake phone lines and our office and staff phone lines will remain open during regular business hours.
- Our staff will not participate in any in-person meetings at our offices or in other locations. We will use email, telephone, video conferencing and other means to communicate with clients and others.
- All staff speaking engagements and exhibiting events are cancelled.
- All non-essential staff travel is suspended.
We urge you to continue taking preventive measures recommended by the CDC including proper hand washing, social distancing, and more.
We will continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19 and provide regular updates to our community on changes in our time frame or specifics of these preventive measures.
# # #
Oklahoma Disability Law Center Inc. is the federally designated legal protection and advocacy agency (P&A) for people with disabilities in Oklahoma. Its mission is to protect, promote and expand the rights of people with disabilities. Learn more on our website at http://okdlc.org/ or call us to apply for legal services at 1-800-880-5575.